We’re proud to let you know that on Jan. 1, 2020 Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life came together as The Canada Life Assurance Company.
You’ll start seeing the Canada Life brand on your member site and in other plan materials starting right away. However, you may also still see references to Great-West Life or London Life for a while. These should be understood as references to Canada Life™.
How you access your plan and what your plan does for you stays the same.
Please store this notice with your other plan documents. More information can also be found at canadalife.com/welcome.
For more than 125 years, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life have helped Canadians take care of things that matter most. Throughout this change and beyond, we’ll keep that focus.
Counselling Support for Members
- Members of the SMUFU Health and Wellness Trust who are less than 65 years of age, can obtain a prescription from a physician or psychiatrist and the cost of the prescription, less the co-pay will be covered by the plan.
- In addition, if members see a registered psychologist, social worker, or counsellor, 75% of the costs will be covered up to $1500/year. If members do not know whom to call, then their physician is a good place to start. Other than one’s physician, public information in the form of online directories such as Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology – for psychologists, can also be helpful. http://www.nsbep.org/directory/http://www.nsbep.org/directory/
How to Claim and Access Services provided by Great West Life Group Insurance Benefit Plan Number 160597
First you need to self-register by logging on to www.greatwestlife.com and follow the instructions. After this is completed these are the services you will have access to:
· Your group benefits information
· View the status of your claims
· Sign up for Direct Deposit Claim payments
· Complete and print pre-populated claim forms
· View the Health & Wellness site
Also, for any additional claims and benefits information please call Canadian Benefits Consulting Group at 1-800-268-0285 and ask for Valerie Martin Fraser. The mailing address for your forms: Canadian Benefits Consulting Group, c/o Valerie Martin Fraser, Suite #3000 – 2300 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4.
On-line submissions can be sent through the following link: SMUFU – 160597 – Online Submission
Faculty Representatives – 2019
- Robert Konopasky, Chair – 902-420-5855
- Francis Boabang, Trustee – 902-420-5735
- Nicole Conrad, Trustee – 902-420-5080
- Sally Wood – Alternate – 902-420-5148
- Lucie Kocum – Alternate – 902-491-6356